Thursday 27 September 2012

I long to be in a house where the sheets smell of lavender

''I long to be in a house where the sheets smell of lavender''
- Isaak Walton

 
I am creating hearts.
Lavender filled hearts to perfume your sheets ...
 
… or your ‘smalls’ drawer.
Or to dangle prettily from a door handle to scent the room.
 
I love creating hearts.
The air is filled with the sweet perfume of English lavender
Picked from my own cottage garden.
 
 
I love to sort through mounds of lace to adorn the heart, selecting the exact piece

 
 
 
To complement the linen, which  is lusciously soft and deliciously slubby ... 
 
 
 
... and choosing a piece of vintage jewellery to embellish the heart.
 
 
 
Filling with lavender.
 
Completing finally, with linen buttons to secure a pretty ribbon loop.











The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot
be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart

Helen  Keiler

 XXX

1 comment:


  1. oo - look at your gorgeous linens and laces... yum.

    Lavender pillows is next on my list of makes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it will be added once it has been verified